Wimbledon or French Open in 2020? Teen Seychellois tennis player focused on advancing career
Qualifying for the Junior Grand Slam tennis tournaments is Seychellois player Damien Laporte’s 2020 goal.
In order to find himself on the grounds of Wimbledon or the French Open, the 17-year-old told SNA that he will be playing a lot of tournaments in the beginning of the year to gain as many qualifying points as possible.
Laporte, who was on a short holiday in Seychelles in December, is a member of the Academia Sánchez-Casal, an internationally known high-performance training centre in Barcelona, Spain.
The Seychellois tennis player said 2019 was a successful year.
“My biggest achievement this year was winning my first ITF (International Tennis Federation) singles title. I was very happy as I finally made my breakthrough in the singles discipline since I had won three ITF doubles titles previously,” he said.
Source: Seychelles News Agency
- Vatican plays down fears for former pope Benedict’s health
- Work permits revoked for expats outside Seychelles; gov’t eyes rising unemployment
- Natural toxins likely killed hundreds of Botswana elephants: govt
- 14 housing projects allocated from Seychelles’ 24-24-24 plan
- Verdict looms in killing of Lebanon ex-PM Hariri