Seychelles’ court holds 8 Iranians arrested aboard dhow for drug-related charges
The Seychelles’ Magistrate’s court on Monday remanded until November 28 eight Iranians arrested for drug-related charges last week.
The Iranians’ vessel — a dhow– was intercepted in the Seychelles’ waters by the Anti-Narcotics Bureau (ANB) together with the Seychelles Coast Guard on Thursday, November 22, ANB said in a communiqué on Sunday. Five hundred grams of what is suspected to be cannabis resin and 2.5g of heroin was seized onboard.
- State of Nation response: Opposition Leader says Seychelles’ roadmap not clear
- White House asks Congress for $2.5 bn to fight coronavirus: reports
- Amid tourist influx, Beach Control Committee to ensure Seychelles remains world-class destination
- Turmoil in Malaysia as PM Mahathir resigns
- Seychelles’ second underwater optical cable scheduled to land in July 2021