Seychelles’ court holds 8 Iranians arrested aboard dhow for drug-related charges
The Seychelles’ Magistrate’s court on Monday remanded until November 28 eight Iranians arrested for drug-related charges last week.
The Iranians’ vessel — a dhow– was intercepted in the Seychelles’ waters by the Anti-Narcotics Bureau (ANB) together with the Seychelles Coast Guard on Thursday, November 22, ANB said in a communiqué on Sunday. Five hundred grams of what is suspected to be cannabis resin and 2.5g of heroin was seized onboard.
- Court in Seychelles rules on issue of 5 percent salary raise in cases pitting President against Speaker
- Sri Lanka PM faces party challenge in presidential battle
- Seychelles supporting Palestinian sovereignty push, Vietnam’s quest for UN Security Council
- Britain’s Supreme Court enters Brexit drama
- Seychelles Tourism Board sees big potential in Israeli market ahead of direct flights