Seychelles and China sign agreements as president of island nation continues visit
Seychelles and China will be opening up trade connectivity, deepening investment and industrial cooperation through two newly signed Memoranda of Understanding (MOU), State House said on Sunday, as the president of the island nation visited the world’s most populous country.
Prior to the signing, the heads of state of Seychelles and China held bilateral discussions Saturday in which President Danny Faure of Seychelles thanked China for having been a key partner in the socio-economic and infrastructural development of the island nation.
Faure said that he “looked forward to an excellent working relationship with President Xi Jinping and hoped that his first to China since assuming the presidency would play a key role in elevating the ties between the two countries.”
On his side, President Xi Jinping welcomed Faure and his delegation to Beijing, saying, ‘You are an old friend of the Chinese people, and this bilateral meeting and the FOCAC Summit aims to build an even stronger partnership….
Source: Seychelles News Agency
- Captain of illegal fishing boat fined $167,000 by Seychellois court
- Sudanese cabinet votes to back International Criminal Court
- ‘Potential hijack’ of ship off UAE is over, says UK agency
- A creeping threat: Ministry of Environment eradicating invasive species to protect native plants
- French officials offer to analyse DNA from murder case in Seychelles