Malagasy man sentenced to 8 years in prison for bringing heroin to Seychelles
The Seychelles Supreme Court has convicted a Malagasy man to eight years imprisonment for the importation of 930 grammes of heroin, the Anti-Narcotics Bureau (ANB) said on Sunday.
Erick Jocelyn Dijoux, 47, was arrested on April 20 by officers of the Anti-Narcotics Bureau and the Customs Division. He was travelling from Madagascar on board an Air Seychelles flight to the 115-island nation in the western Indian Ocean.
Dijoux was charged for the offence of importation of a controlled drug after heroin was found in his possession. The Bureau said that the court has ordered that the time Dijoux spent on remand be counted towards his sentence.
- State of Nation response: Opposition Leader says Seychelles’ roadmap not clear
- White House asks Congress for $2.5 bn to fight coronavirus: reports
- Amid tourist influx, Beach Control Committee to ensure Seychelles remains world-class destination
- Turmoil in Malaysia as PM Mahathir resigns
- Seychelles’ second underwater optical cable scheduled to land in July 2021