Malagasy man sentenced to 8 years in prison for bringing heroin to Seychelles
The Seychelles Supreme Court has convicted a Malagasy man to eight years imprisonment for the importation of 930 grammes of heroin, the Anti-Narcotics Bureau (ANB) said on Sunday.
Erick Jocelyn Dijoux, 47, was arrested on April 20 by officers of the Anti-Narcotics Bureau and the Customs Division. He was travelling from Madagascar on board an Air Seychelles flight to the 115-island nation in the western Indian Ocean.
Dijoux was charged for the offence of importation of a controlled drug after heroin was found in his possession. The Bureau said that the court has ordered that the time Dijoux spent on remand be counted towards his sentence.
- Seychelles’ Island Development Company plans to increase onion and vanilla production
- Netanyahu, Gantz deadlocked after Israeli polls
- Seychelles kicks off yearlong celebration of 250th anniversary
- New project in Seychelles seeks to ensure locals benefit from environmental initiative
- Victims of deadly Ethiopia crash seek documents on 737 MAX