Keeping it green and chilly: Refrigerator techs must be certified, Seychelles says
All local refrigeration technicians in Seychelles must be certified as having been trained as part of the third phase of the Green Cooling Africa Initiative, said a top official in the Ministry of Environment, Energy and Climate Change on Monday.
“We want to ensure that those involved in refrigeration are legit and receive proper training. Now people are operating without proper certification,” said Inese Chang-Waye, the ozone coordinator at the end of a half-day workshop.
Chang-Waye said the Ministry is “targeting the Seychelles Institute of Technology where young are trained specifically for that job. We want to ensure that they receive proper certification in order to have a skilled labour force….
Source: Seychelles News Agency
- Court in Seychelles rules on issue of 5 percent salary raise in cases pitting President against Speaker
- Sri Lanka PM faces party challenge in presidential battle
- Seychelles supporting Palestinian sovereignty push, Vietnam’s quest for UN Security Council
- Britain’s Supreme Court enters Brexit drama
- Seychelles Tourism Board sees big potential in Israeli market ahead of direct flights