Keeping it green and chilly: Refrigerator techs must be certified, Seychelles says
All local refrigeration technicians in Seychelles must be certified as having been trained as part of the third phase of the Green Cooling Africa Initiative, said a top official in the Ministry of Environment, Energy and Climate Change on Monday.
“We want to ensure that those involved in refrigeration are legit and receive proper training. Now people are operating without proper certification,” said Inese Chang-Waye, the ozone coordinator at the end of a half-day workshop.
Chang-Waye said the Ministry is “targeting the Seychelles Institute of Technology where young are trained specifically for that job. We want to ensure that they receive proper certification in order to have a skilled labour force….
Source: Seychelles News Agency
- State of Nation response: Opposition Leader says Seychelles’ roadmap not clear
- White House asks Congress for $2.5 bn to fight coronavirus: reports
- Amid tourist influx, Beach Control Committee to ensure Seychelles remains world-class destination
- Turmoil in Malaysia as PM Mahathir resigns
- Seychelles’ second underwater optical cable scheduled to land in July 2021