International artist opens exhibition, works with artists in Seychelles
Seychellois artists will have the chance to benefit from cultural exchanges with international artist Laura Jacobs. The local artists have also had the chance to appreciate the work of their colleagues at a newly opened exhibition at the Eden Art Space Gallery.
Jacobs will be holding a series of lectures, workshops and gallery events and is showcasing over 100 artworks – mainly drawings and paintings – in the exhibition from August 4 to the end of the month. Some of the lectures will be held in partnership with the University of Seychelles. All the work in the exhibition were made in London and New York where Jacobs followed a scholarship during the past 10 years.
- Captain of illegal fishing boat fined $167,000 by Seychellois court
- Sudanese cabinet votes to back International Criminal Court
- ‘Potential hijack’ of ship off UAE is over, says UK agency
- A creeping threat: Ministry of Environment eradicating invasive species to protect native plants
- French officials offer to analyse DNA from murder case in Seychelles