Honduran migrant ‘caravan’ resumes from Mexico to US: AFP reporter
Thousands of Honduran migrants resumed their march toward the United States on Sunday from the southern Mexican city of Ciudad Hidalgo.
Mexican authorities on Thursday had managed to block the “caravan” of migrants on a border bridge between Mexico and Guatemala, but many later entered via a river separating the two countries.
“No one is going to stop us, after all we’ve gone through, like crossing the river” said 21-year-old Aaron Juarez, who was accompanied by his wife and baby and was walking with difficulty because of an injury.
“We are tired, but very happy, we are united and strong,” added Edwin Geovanni Enamorado, a Honduran farmer who was part of the caravan, who said he was forced to leave his country because of intimidation by racketeering gangs.
The caravan left San Pedro Sula in northern Honduras last week, following a call on social networks relayed by a former Honduran deputy.