Former president of Seychelles marries overseas, news report says
The Seychelles’ former president, Danny Faure, got married last weekend in a foreign country, according to the Seychelles Broadcasting Corporation (SBC).
Faure got married to Seychellois Shermin Rudie Bastienne in a private ceremony during the Easter weekend.
The country where the wedding took place was not specified but Faure told SBC that he and his wife are very happy.
Shermin Rudie Faure told SNA via Facebook on Thursday that “we got married abroad in privacy over the Easter weekend. We are very happy and are enjoying our honeymoon.”
The married couple is happy and on their honeymoon. (Shermin Rudie Faure) Photo License: All Rights Reserved
The newly married couple received congratulatory messages on Facebook from over 1,000 people from Seychelles and other parts of the world.
Faure, 58, was the president of Seychelles from October 16, 2016, until October 26, 2020 when he lost the presidential election.
- Seychelles Tourism Board launches digital platform to increase visibility, support local tourism
- Guelleh re-elected Djibouti president for fifth term
- Power and water outages strike Saint Vincent after volcanic eruption
- Seychelles’ technology innovation institute develops solar-powered pesticide sprayer for farmers
- Seychelles’ Island Conservation Society marks 20 years with postal covers