Economic ties, cultural and educational exchanges on tap for Seychelles and China
Economic and commercial cooperation, as well as cultural and educational exchanges, are areas that Seychelles and China will deepen their bilateral relations in, said the newly accredited Chinese ambassador.
Guo Wei was accredited as the new ambassador of China to Seychelles on Tuesday in a short ceremony at State House, Victoria.
After presenting her credentials to President Danny Faure and calling on the Vice-president Vincent Meriton, Wei told the press that in-depth discussions about future cooperation between the two countries will be held at a later date.
Wei described Seychelles “as the pearl of the Indian Ocean, a paradise for tourists.”
- Seychelles’ Island Development Company plans to increase onion and vanilla production
- Netanyahu, Gantz deadlocked after Israeli polls
- Seychelles kicks off yearlong celebration of 250th anniversary
- New project in Seychelles seeks to ensure locals benefit from environmental initiative
- Victims of deadly Ethiopia crash seek documents on 737 MAX