Economic ties, cultural and educational exchanges on tap for Seychelles and China
Economic and commercial cooperation, as well as cultural and educational exchanges, are areas that Seychelles and China will deepen their bilateral relations in, said the newly accredited Chinese ambassador.
Guo Wei was accredited as the new ambassador of China to Seychelles on Tuesday in a short ceremony at State House, Victoria.
After presenting her credentials to President Danny Faure and calling on the Vice-president Vincent Meriton, Wei told the press that in-depth discussions about future cooperation between the two countries will be held at a later date.
Wei described Seychelles “as the pearl of the Indian Ocean, a paradise for tourists.”
- State of Nation response: Opposition Leader says Seychelles’ roadmap not clear
- White House asks Congress for $2.5 bn to fight coronavirus: reports
- Amid tourist influx, Beach Control Committee to ensure Seychelles remains world-class destination
- Turmoil in Malaysia as PM Mahathir resigns
- Seychelles’ second underwater optical cable scheduled to land in July 2021