Challenges for fishing sector in Seychelles: lack of manpower, illegal fishing, old technology
High bank collaterals, a lack of access to fishing technologies, a lack of manpower and illegal fishing were key challenges highlighted during the launching of Seychelles’ new roadmap for the Blue Economy on Thursday.
Speaking at a press conference after a two-day forum on the Blue Economy roadmap, the principal secretary of the Blue Economy Department, Rose-Marie Bargain, said that “this sector is thriving but is facing some challenges, which is stopping it from developing to its full capacity.”
Bargain said that the design of the roadmap “gives us a chance to have a proper insight into the need of the business community in Seychelles….
Source: Seychelles News Agency
- Libya since Kadhafi: A decade of civil war and chaos
- Indian Ocean Commission donations help Seychelles increase medical preparedness
- Australia studying Seychelles’ effective COVID-19 response, new high commissioner says
- ‘Deadly’ air strikes hit capital of Ethiopia’s Tigray
- Colin Powell dies of Covid-19 complications