Challenges for fishing sector in Seychelles: lack of manpower, illegal fishing, old technology
High bank collaterals, a lack of access to fishing technologies, a lack of manpower and illegal fishing were key challenges highlighted during the launching of Seychelles’ new roadmap for the Blue Economy on Thursday.
Speaking at a press conference after a two-day forum on the Blue Economy roadmap, the principal secretary of the Blue Economy Department, Rose-Marie Bargain, said that “this sector is thriving but is facing some challenges, which is stopping it from developing to its full capacity.”
Bargain said that the design of the roadmap “gives us a chance to have a proper insight into the need of the business community in Seychelles….
Source: Seychelles News Agency
- Seychelles’ Central Bank says economy remains fragile
- No respite from Israel strikes, as diplomatic efforts intensify
- Inde: au moins 24 morts et 96 disparus sur le passage du cyclone Tauktae
- Tourism, blue economy, fisheries top the agenda of Oman’s ambassador to Seychelles
- Reliable Strategies for History of Cbd That You Can Begin to Use Immediately