Arrest made in Northern Ireland in connection to assassination of exiled Seychellois politician Gerard Hoarau
A 77-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the assassination of a Seychellois politician in London in 1985. BBC News reported on Friday that the man was arrested in County Antrim, North Ireland.
Gérard Hoarau was the leader of a political movement called ‘Mouvman pour Larezistans’ (MPR) formed in 1979 and had been living in exile in the city when he was killed in 1985. Hoarau was shot a number of times with a sub-machine gun on the doorstep of his home in Edgware.
- State of Nation response: Opposition Leader says Seychelles’ roadmap not clear
- White House asks Congress for $2.5 bn to fight coronavirus: reports
- Amid tourist influx, Beach Control Committee to ensure Seychelles remains world-class destination
- Turmoil in Malaysia as PM Mahathir resigns
- Seychelles’ second underwater optical cable scheduled to land in July 2021