Arrest made in Northern Ireland in connection to assassination of exiled Seychellois politician Gerard Hoarau
A 77-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the assassination of a Seychellois politician in London in 1985. BBC News reported on Friday that the man was arrested in County Antrim, North Ireland.
Gérard Hoarau was the leader of a political movement called ‘Mouvman pour Larezistans’ (MPR) formed in 1979 and had been living in exile in the city when he was killed in 1985. Hoarau was shot a number of times with a sub-machine gun on the doorstep of his home in Edgware.
- Court in Seychelles rules on issue of 5 percent salary raise in cases pitting President against Speaker
- Sri Lanka PM faces party challenge in presidential battle
- Seychelles supporting Palestinian sovereignty push, Vietnam’s quest for UN Security Council
- Britain’s Supreme Court enters Brexit drama
- Seychelles Tourism Board sees big potential in Israeli market ahead of direct flights