After overseeing increase in Chinese assistance, ambassador to Seychelles says goodbye
Bilateral relations, especially in the maritime field, between Seychelles and China, has positively progressed over the past two years, said the outgoing Chinese Ambassador on Tuesday.
Yu Jinsong made this statement to the press after paying a farewell visit to President Danny Faure at State House, Victoria.
In early September, Faure and his Chinese counterpart, President Xi Jinping, signed two Memoranda of Understanding. The first addressed cooperation between the two countries within the framework of the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st Century Maritime Silk Road Initiative. The second aims at improving cooperation within the maritime sector through a ‘Blue Partnership’.
- Libya since Kadhafi: A decade of civil war and chaos
- Indian Ocean Commission donations help Seychelles increase medical preparedness
- Australia studying Seychelles’ effective COVID-19 response, new high commissioner says
- ‘Deadly’ air strikes hit capital of Ethiopia’s Tigray
- Colin Powell dies of Covid-19 complications