1 Zambian, 1 Nigerian arrested in Seychelles on drug charges
The Seychelles’ Magistrates Court has remanded a female Zambian national and a male Nigerian national in connection to the importation of approximately 850 grammes of suspected heroin, the Anti-Narcotics Bureau said on Thursday.
The 45-year-old Zambian woman was arrested on October 21 for the offence of importation of a controlled drug at Anse A La Mouche, a sub-district of Anse Boileau in the west of Mahe, the main island. She was a sales girl by profession and arrived in Seychelles, an archipelago in the western Indian Ocean, on October 19.
The Zambian national was remanded by the Magistrates Court on Monday, October 22.
- Captain of illegal fishing boat fined $167,000 by Seychellois court
- Sudanese cabinet votes to back International Criminal Court
- ‘Potential hijack’ of ship off UAE is over, says UK agency
- A creeping threat: Ministry of Environment eradicating invasive species to protect native plants
- French officials offer to analyse DNA from murder case in Seychelles